Hi, my name is Anoushka and I’m a Nutritional Therapist. I hold consultations at my private practice in Hampstead, North London, and on Skype. I enjoy spreading the word of health through consultations, cookery classes, workshops and charity work.
I work with you to find food that nourishes your body and a life that nourishes your soul. I believe every meal should be completely delicious – the myth of healthy food being just about bland salads or ‘rabbit food’ is completely outdated. There is a revolution of wellness happening globally, and consequently so many online recipes, wonderful cookbooks and innovative restaurants out there to help inspire and make your mouth water.
I use the Functional Medicine model to assess health, which means a holistic approach. I look at the interaction of different body systems, the communication between cells, chemical imbalances that may be present, signs of nutrient and mineral deficiencies, food intolerances/ allergies, environmental factors, genetic predispositions, recurring illness patterns in your family medical history and the timeline of your health from gestation all the way up to the present day. My goal is always to identify the root causes underlying health problems, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
I am especially interested in the link between gut and brain health and have seen first hand the powerful transformations that can take place through working with nutritional therapy in this area. I recently had the privilege of working with Dr Natasha Campbell Mcbride to become one of her GAPS certified practitioners. GAPS stands for Gut and Psychology/Physiology Syndrome. The GAPS plan is a protocol aimed at improving mental and physical health through comprehensive healing of the digestive system.
You are an individual, not a set of symptoms
I want to get to know the person behind the symptoms, in order to create a unique and tailored health plan. There is no one size fits all in the way I work. I aim to support you on your journey back to health through empowering and educating about all aspects of wellbeing. I look at everything from what you eat, to your relationship with food, stress levels, exercise routine and any potential health disrupting or energy draining factors. I use a natural whole foods approach that is very nutritious but also affordable and achievable.
Creating a new you
I work with you to create a completely new lifestyle – one that is filled with abundance, and most importantly, manageable, achievable and works for you on every level. I will show you healthy alternatives to the food that doesn’t best serve you, clever ways to organise for even the most time poor individuals and ways in which to make a healthy lifestyle affordable and manageable without being a slave to the kitchen or feeling deprived. I am not a fan of ‘diets’ or calorie counting, as I think they are ineffective approaches and can foster unhealthy relationships with food and an ‘on the wagon/ off the wagon’ mentality. Don’t let food become your enemy, see it as a wonderful source of nourishment and enjoyment. I offer practical advice and ongoing support to help you make long-term health changes that will help you feel better, look better and put you back in the driving seat of your health.
I hope you find the resources on this website helpful. On my blog you’ll find healthy recipes and articles about lots of different areas of health. If you’d like to receive health tips, recipes and inspiration, then I also have a newsletter which you can sign up to at the top of the page.
If you would like to get started or have any questions, feel free to get in touch.
I look forward to working with you.
To your health!
Medical Seminars and Conferences
On top of my professional qualifications, I like to continually add to my knowledge to ensure I stay up to date within this rapidly evolving industry, and to ensure my clients are receiving the very best in care that is formulated from the most current scientific and nutritional research.
Here is some of my recent CPD attendance:
- NNA – Supporting Clients with Cancer and Chronic Disease – May 2017
- Dr Klinghardt – Biological Core Protocols for Chronic Illness – April 2017
- IFM – Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice – April 2017
- IHH-UCSF Paleo and Functional Medicine Symposium – March 2017
- Dicken Weatherby – Blood Chemistry Analysis – May 2016
- CAM Mind/Body Nutrition Conference – November 2015
- Chris Kresser – Re-Find Health – October 2015
- Daverick Leggett – Foundations of Traditional Chinese Medicine Nutrition – October 2015
- Dr Natasha Campbell Mcbride – GAPS certified practitioner training – October 2015
- Viridian – Mental Health seminar – September 2015
- CAM Metting the Microbiome Conference – September 2015
- CAM Energy Beyond ATP Conference – May 2015
- CAM Nutrigenomics – Personalised Medicine and the Quantified Self Conference – April 2015
- CAM Gut/Brain Axis Conference – November 2014
- CAM Auto-immunity Conference – September 2014
- CAM Detoxification Conference – June 2014
- CAM Anti-Ageing Conference – May 2014
- Functional Medicine Conference – September 2013